Mirra Chrome paint
Mirra Chrome by the Alsa Corp. is a deposition paint that may come close to a chrome shine (depending on following instructions). It can accept clearcoat (Mirra Clear recommended), and require only a smooth surface and a spray gun or airbrush. Until now only chrome plating, silvering or bare metal buffing could produce a mirror-like shine. It requires expertise in the use of a spraygun or airbrush (small projects).
MirraChrome will create a mirror finish as long as your surface is as smooth as glass. Please follow these steps for best results. If your surface already has a glass like sheen, move on to step 4.
• Apply a black base such as Alsa’s Jet Black Stylin Basecoat over your prepared surface.
• Allow the basecoat to fully dry 15-30 min. You are now ready to apply 1 coat of Lightning Clear (or Mirra Clear).
• Allow the Clear to fully dry (Air dry 24 hrs. / Bake 140F for 30 min). The idea is to get a glass-smooth surface. If you must buff out imperfections, polish the surface back to a shine then clean thoroughly; surface must be free of all chemicals, fingerprints, etc.
• Begin applying MirraChrome using a dusting effect, (very small volume of material with a substantial amount of air). INSTRUCTIONS: If you are using an H.V.L.P. gun you should be around 20 psi., remembering to keep the material volume very low for a light mist; for an airbrush, use about 50 psi. Continue applying the MirraChrome until desired effect is achieved.
• Allow the MirraChrome to air dry at least 30 minutes (70º - 75º F); or bake 140° F for 15 minutes.
• Use a very soft lint-free cloth to remove any of the excess dust/overspray from the surface; wipe softly. If you complete this step you will notice a drastic improvement in the final appearance.
• Now apply 1 coat MirraClear and allow to dry for 30 min air dry (15 min@140°F).
• If you are applying this to a vehicle or other object that will be handled frequently or exposed to the elements you will now want to apply the Alsa Speed Clear (wet sand the Mirra Clear beforehand) or another automotive grade clear.